Welcome!

Welcome to HowCuteisGreyson.blogspot.com. I started this blog to chronicle updates on my adorable son, Greyson. My hope was that family and friends could come here to see pictures and little updates each day...but what I've found is a community of mothers just like me that were looking to share their stories as well. I am in no way a professional mother lol if there is such a thing, so I am not here to give advice. I am simply here to share my experiences and keep aware of what other mothers might be doing.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Friday, April 27, 2012

Greyson sure is cute but...Sleep Deprived Mamas are NOT!

For the last few weeks Greyson has been awake every 2-3 hours at night. This is really taking it's toll on me. I think I could better cope if he napped more than 20 minutes here and there during the day, but he does not. Is anyone else's LO going through this (sleep regression)? What are you doing to create a new sleep routine? Is it working? How long does it last?

I've been giving him 2 tablespoons of cereal in his bedtime bottle which I've upped to 6ozs. Should I try more?

He does not get a bottle or a nap after 9PM until his bedtime feeding at 10:30-11PM.

I've tried the CIO method but I don't like to do it. Not to mention, if I let him cry more than 3 minutes, he will wake up the whole house and our daughter has school in the AM.

Current sleep pattern:

11:00PM - 12:30AM
12:45AM - 3:30AM
3:45AM - 5:30AM
5:45AM - 7:30AM then up for the day...(and this morning he laid in his crib singing, it was so cute)


PS...has any one been known to go totally fuc%ing crazy due to sleep deprivation? I feel delusional some mornings,...BUT I'm working on it : )

6 comments:

  1. I dont have a solution but I know how you feel! Benjamin (5 months old) has been waking up every 2 - 3 hours since he was 2 months old. Last week we tried the CIO menthod... after a few nights he slept great for 2 nights, only waking twice to eat. Now he is back to waking up every few hours... and I dont let him CIO because I know he is hungry.
    My only suggestion is maybe try an earlier bed time... but I know every baby is different. Benjamin is in bed by 8, wakes around 11 (but I usuually dont go to bed until 10:30, so I dont get sleep during his longest stretch).
    Ive never put cereal in the baby's bottle. I did start Benjamin on solids last week... he loves it and loves eating but it has not stopped his waking during the night eatings. Dont worry, this wont last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing!! I am so afraid to put him to bed earlier out of fear that he'll be up at 4AM for the day lol! His last nap is around 8PM and then he is up until 10:30-11. I think I need to redo our entire daytime routine with hopes that it will help at night. Maybe if I can get him in a better routine during the day I can get him to bed by 9 and see how he does.

    Thanks again Erika!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're having a semi-sleep regression but I am not going to complain because I know it could be worse. I'm just trying to stick it out and not going to alter anything in our normal routine hoping it will work out on its own. What's your day time routine like? I've found what happens in the day is key to a good night. I read "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" and other than the CIO parts, everything is working out well (I mean, we don't do CIO). I'd suggest earlier bedtime. How long does he go between naps during the day? I hope tonight goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to try putting him to bed earlier. We used to put him to bed at 9 and he would be up again at 11 then 1 and so on. So we felt that if we let him nap longer during the day and less in the evening he would sleep more over night. I'll keep my fingers crossed and give it a try, could have a different result now that he is older???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Briana is going through a growth spurt because she seems to want to eat more often, which results in waking up more during the night. Her first stretch of sleep used to be 6 hours now I am lucky to get 3 hours.

    I hope this phase goes by quickly!

    ~Desiree~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Briana is so cute!!!

    I think what makes it even harder is that you get used to getting a little bit of sleep and then it is taken from you : ). Good luck with this growth spurt! Is she breastfed?

    Greyson went from 4oz feedings (every 2-3 hours)to 6oz feedings. Three days later, he would start leaving 2oz in the bottle so I'm back to 4...and of course there are times when that is not enough lol....I don't like wasting formula...maybe I'll go with 5ozs.

    ReplyDelete