Welcome!

Welcome to HowCuteisGreyson.blogspot.com. I started this blog to chronicle updates on my adorable son, Greyson. My hope was that family and friends could come here to see pictures and little updates each day...but what I've found is a community of mothers just like me that were looking to share their stories as well. I am in no way a professional mother lol if there is such a thing, so I am not here to give advice. I am simply here to share my experiences and keep aware of what other mothers might be doing.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Home Sweet Home

....it feels good to be home after an awesome vacation in the Poconos with family and friends. (April 12-16)
We all had a good time, and Greyson did well! His sleep pattern was off, but he seemed to manage, never seeming cranky. Greyson was so interested in all that was going on he wouldn't let himself sleep. He got by with a few cat naps here and there, but there were no hour long naps. He really had fun! I think he matured a lot socially, I could see a difference each day. Being passed around all day will do that to you I suppose....but he was delighted. There were certainly a lot of kids to keep him entertained...and of course his best buddy Nathan. Greyson and Nathan went bowling for the first time (mostly sleeping in their car seats), they even went on a hike with the big kids! The weather was gorgeous so they spent a lot of time outdoors watching the big kids play.
Ready for our hike!
Bowling in the Pocs!

Oh yeah PEOPLE.... what I haven't mentioned in any of my earlier entries was that when Adria and I became friends, I didn't just gain a good friend for myself, and a good friend for Greyson...and Naya (I could go on lol) but we gained a CHEF!!! Adria's husband is a chef...and I have been eating extremely well...(which is why my preg pounds aren't just falling off). Travelling with a chef is the way to go...I highly recommend befriending one well enough to vacation with if you do not already have one in your close friends circle...it's the way to go...really!) For example....breakfast was: waffles, pancakes, eggs, bacon, biscuit sandwiches, sausage, home fries, and grits. Dinner would be something like steak, veggie stir fry (cabbage, broccoli, asparagus, carrots etc), spicy fried rice, white rice, chicken kabobs, jerk chicken, and barbeque chicken. And that would kick off with a huge bowl of fresh...hand chopped spicy Sakyi Salsa!
Sakyi Salsa
So yeah...the food, company, location, and cabin were fantastic...but there is nothing like walking in the front door of your home after vacation. What was most cool was the fact that Greyson was so happy to be home. I now believe he knows his home, he squealed when we walked in the door lol, it was adorable...and touching : )

No comments:

Post a Comment